From the desk of Capt. Jeff Monroe, MM, AMPE
International Association of Maritime and Port Executives
This September 10th through the 14th, we will offer consecutive port management (MPM) and executive management (MPE) programs in the Port of New London CT, sponsored by the Connecticut Port Authority. This is our only offering in New England this year and most likely we will be focused on other areas of North America in 2019. The 36 hour program can be taken in one week or in 2 segments. Management 2 days and later executive management 2.5 days. The program runs daily 0830 to 1730, except Friday when it is done by noon. We currently have 13 participants in the program.
Over 2,000 public port professionals, terminal managers, USCG and military, brokers, forwarders, financial and insurance professionals, consultants and other industry professionals have taken this seminars in the last 10 years. Over 1/3 have been female professionals. The accredited and recognized professional certification program is reviewed and approved by a 22 member Board of the Association who insure the highest standards are maintained. The Loeb-Sullivan Graduate School of International Business and Logistics at Maine Maritime Academy grants 4 academic credits for completion of the executive management program.
FAQ’s ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
1. DOES THE INDUSTRY RECOGNIZE THIS PROGRAM? The Maritime Port Manager (MPM) and Maritime Port Executive (MPE) are professional designations and set you aside as having a recognized professional certification. For the Inland Program, IMPM and IMPE, the certifications are also recognized professional designations.
2. WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A WEEK TO SPARE? For those with limited time or in small working groups, you can take the program in 2 segments at different times.
3. WHAT WILL BE COVERED? The seminar content covers the full range of port, terminal and cargo management responsibilities combining practical experience, academic structure, case studies, consulting experience and the experience of the participants. Topics include Systematic transportation approaches including logistics pathways, origin and destination routes and transportation modes, management perspectives including public port governance, terminal management, port/terminal administration and finance, industry perspectives and future trends, intermodal cargo facilities, marine transportation systems, marine facilities as intermodal connectors, marine facility operations, equipment, regulatory requirements, safety, security and emergency planning.
4. HOW UP-TO-DATE IS THIS PROGRAM? The program is updated constantly with new data, industry trends and experiences that keep it dynamic and relevant. We present portions of the program to industry groups and government agencies on a regular basis.
5. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? It is one of the least expensive professional programs in the industry. $1,000 for the 2 day management program, $1,000 for the executive management program ($2,000 for the full week).
6. WHAT OTHER BENEFITS COME WITH THE SEMINAR? Each participant gets a free Association Membership, free access to our extensive professional study database, regular industry notices through Port Notes and Flash Traffic, confidential resume and job search information in addition to the academic credits. Also, free ongoing informational support regarding seminar content or support in decision making. Also, MPE certified professionals can register in the new Massachusetts Maritime Fall Graduate Program at no cost for tuition.
7. I AM A RESPECTED AND VALUED PORT PROFESSIONAL WITH LOTS OF EXPEREINCE, WHY WOULD I BE INTERESTED? It makes no difference if you are new in the industry or have extensive experience, like no other seminar, this program will allow you to view the industry from a worldwide perspective that connects to ground level. It gets you thinking outside of the boxes we live in regularly and lets us share experiences and case studies that often hit close to home.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IF I REGUSTER AND PAY AND MY SCHEDULE CHANGES AT THE LAST MINUTE? We offer a free refund or full credit toward a rescheduled program.
9. HOW DO I PAY? You can pay up front by credit card, PayPal or we will invoice you or your firm.
10. HOW MANY CAN PARTICIPATE? Maximum 20 to allow for interactive discussion.
11. HOW DO I REGISTER? If you wish to register and receive hotel and travel information, contact email@example.com. Registration closes Friday August 31st.
Many of you have been at programs and heard my presentations, if you took a seminar with me, I am sure you know someone in your organization or an associate who would benefit from this seminar. Please send this to them. The New London and Mystic Connecticut area offers a wide range of family activities if you want to bring family.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR 2018
The Continuing Education program for 2018 will be held Port Tampa Bay and the Port of South Louisiana (see schedule below). The program will feature a tariff development workshop, which will be a practical workshop including tariff development and revision requirements, rates and charges, fee development, terminal issued rules and regulations, foreign trade zones, an industry update and pending new federal regulations and judicial impacts. The 2 day program offers 16 continuing education credits for the Accredited Marine Port Executive (AMPE) certification. Cost for the 2 days is $975.00 USD. Blue water program in Tampa, Brown Water in South Louisiana.
Questions about content or the Education Program and Standards?
Call Capt. Jeff Monroe, (207)741-7000 or email at Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN’T DO THE ENTIRE PROGRAM IN ONE SHOT? You can take the management program in two phases, MPM/IMPM first two days, MPE/IMPE second two days.
Certifications come with each section, Academic Credits are awarded after completing the Executive Management Program. We recommend doing the 36 hour program before taking Continuing Education because that 16 hour program builds on the content of the Executive Management Program
2018 IAMPE SCHEDULE
Sept 10 - 14: New London, Connecticut (MPE) Host CTPA
Sept 24 - 28: Tulsa (IMPE) Host Port Tulsa
Oct 15 - 16: Tampa (Continuing Education) Host Port Tampa Bay
Oct 17 - 18: Louisiana (Continuing Education) Host POSLA
Nov 5 - 9: Vicksburg (IMPE) Host Vicksburg, MS-IRPT
Hosts: MPA-Milwaukee Port Authority, IRPT-Inland Ports and Terminals Association, Port Tulsa-Tulsa Port Authority, CTPA-Connecticut Port Authority, PortTampaBay-Tampa Florida Port Authority, POSLA-Port of South Louisiana, Port Vicksburg-Vicksburg Mississippi Port Authority.
MPM-16 Hour Marine Port Manager Program
MPE-36 Hour Marine Port Executive Program
IMPE-36 Hour Inland Marine Port Executive Program
Continuing Education-16 Hour Program -Accredited Marine Port Executive Certification
MTO - 16 Hour Marine Terminal Operator - Custom Sponsored and Scheduled
IAMPE may cancel or reschedule seminars if registrations are below minimum levels
To register for seminars, or additional information contact: email@example.com
To register for the classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information: email@example.com
“For A World Connected By Water”
IAMPE SPONSORS AND EDUCATIONAL PARTNERS
Capt. Jeffrey W. Monroe, MM, MTM, AMPE
Director: Education, Standards and Training Programs
International Association of Maritime and Port Executives
11 Katahdin Road. Portland, ME 04107-2828 USA
Phone: (207) 741-7000, Cell: (207) 615-7989