January 16, 2019
From the desk of Capt. Jeff Monroe, MM, AMPE
Our Partners at in the Inland Rivers Port and Terminal Association (Aimee Andres, Executive Director) has forwarded to us for distribution the following notice regarding WRDA.
ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY FOR CIVIL WORKS SEEKS PUBLIC COMMENT ON WRDA IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE
The Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works (ASA-CW) is seeking public input on
1. The development of implementation guidance for various provisions contained in the Water Resources Development Act of 2018 (WRDA 2018), which was signed into law on October 23, 2018, as Title I of the America's Water Infrastructure Act of 2018.
2. On the development or revision of guidance on two provisions of the Water Resources, Reform and Development Act of 2014 and;
3. On three provisions of the Water Resources Development Act of 2016.
Water Resources Development Acts provide the Secretary of the Army with authorizations to address the Nation's critical water resources infrastructure needs. However, these authorizations do not provide funding to implement these provisions.
The ASA-CW encourages interested stakeholders to share input and recommendations for implementing the specified provisions, as well as any factors seen as critical for consideration during the development of implementation guidance for those provisions.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Interested stakeholders may submit comments for a 60-day period that closes at midnight Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Comments or questions, including any of the specified provisions or for a listing of the specific provisions described above, may be submitted by the following means:
Ada Benavides, Senior Policy Advisor
Planning and Policy Division
441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20314-1000
Telephone: Oral comments may be left on 202-761-0415.
For a full list of provisions, please visit: https://www.army.mil/article/215263/assistant_secretary_of_the_army_for_civil_works_seeks_public_comment_on_wrda_implementation_guidance
The following posting are from our IAMPE Alumni. Postings of positions are distributed to all members (2,300+) free of charge for members.
12-1 Rhenus Project Logistics Inc-Customer Service Operations Operator for Air and Ocean (w/m)
Challenges to help you grow.
• Your task is to provide innovative and efficient supply chain solutions in relation to import, export, transport and customs clearance operations.
• It is your responsibility to support our customers from the order acceptance to delivery.
• Within this process you create offers, accept bookings of air and ocean shipments and organize the handling of the assignment.
• Finally, you are filling import and export entries into our operational transport management system.
• Being engaged in customs formalities and customs tariffs is another important part of your area of responsibility.
• In your role you will required to work independently and with great motivation on the further development of our business model.
• Your high understanding of customer needs enables you to develop and implement logistic solutions in cooperation with the vision of the management board.
• Last but not least, you contribute your expertise in a business unit with a high strategic impact.
• You have at least 3 years of work experience in the air & ocean forwarding business within the USA or in the State of Texas.
• Within this time you gained knowledge about customer quotations, customs clearance procedures, issuing B/L and AWB and carrier bookings.
• Proficient English skills, both oral and written are essential. Any further language skills i.e Spanish are an advantage.
• An IATA dangerous good certificate completes your skills.
• With your high motivation and independent work, you are ready to accept new challenges in an international environment.
• You can distinguish yourself in service orientation, have a high attention to quality and the ability to think in terms of processes. When you join our company, you’ll be involved in the business right from the very start. As part of the team, you will drive the processes of Rhenus Project Logistics Inc to improve the customer’s experience. A friendly working environment with a strong vision on organic team growth and personal development. Moreover, you will be given all the opportunities and space you need to further develop your skills and turn your ideas into reality. Help grow our company and make the most of the excellent career prospects we can offer you.
Interested parties must email their CV to:
“For A World Connected By Water”
IAMPE SPONSORS AND EDUCATIONAL PARTNERS
Capt. Jeffrey W. Monroe, MM, MTM, AMPE Director: Education, Standards and Training Programs International Association of Maritime and Port Executives 11 Katahdin Road. Portland, ME 04107-2828 USA Phone: (207) 741-7000, Cell: (207) 615-7989